Why is the Quebec City Marathon cancelled?
Following the Quebec City municipal authority’s decision to withdraw support for fifteen major events, including the Quebec City Marathon, Gestev and Quebec Running Events Corporation announce that this year’s big event slated for October 1–3, 2021 must unfortunately be cancelled.
I was register for the Quebec City Marathon that is cancelled, what do I do with my registration?
You now have two options.
- Transfer your registration to the Lévis Half-Marathon instead
- The Lévis Half-Marathon distance races will be held on the weekend of August 28–29. The 2K, 5K and 10K events will be on the Saturday, and the 21K half-marathon will be on the Sunday.
- You can transfer your registration to the same race distance you were signed up for. For example, if you signed up for the 21K half-marathon at the Quebec City Marathon, you can transfer to the 21K race distance at the Lévis Half-Marathon. If you signed up for the full 42K marathon at the Quebec City Marathon, you can transfer to the 21K race distance at the Lévis Half-Marathon.
- The registration fee you paid for the Beneva Quebec City Marathon will be applied to the Lévis Half-Marathon. No additional charges (or refunds, depending the case) will apply if there is any difference in fees. If you signed up for the full 42K Quebec City Marathon, you will receive a 15%** discount on registration for the 2022 Quebec City Marathon.
- PLEASE NOTE that transfers will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. The number of bibs available for transfers is limited. If you are not able to transfer your registration, Option 2 will apply.
2. Get a full, automatic refund of your registration for the Quebec City Marathon
- You will receive a full refund of your registration fees for the Beneva Quebec City Marathon.
- The refund will be issued directly to your credit card.
- If you have recently changed credit cards, and the new card was issued by the same financial institution, the refund will carry over automatically to your new card. If this is not the case, please email us at email@example.com to let us know.
How do I need to register my choice knowing that the Marathon is cancelled?
You must choose one of these two options. To do so, click on the link below to log into your Race Roster dashboard.
You have until June 15 at 11:59 p.m. to make your choice.
You will receive an email confirming the option you chose.
If you do not respond, you will receive a full, automatic refund.
I didn’t receive a registration confirmation/I’ve lost my registration confirmation. Where can I find it?
Check your junk mail, the security level of email boxes can make your registration confirmation rejected if you have a Hotmail address. If you still do not find it, you can go to the “Registration” section of the event to which you entered and use the registration Confirmation/Bib number module. In addition, we will send you a runner’s guide near the event date with your bib number.
I registered for a race, but I can’t take part anymore. What are my options?
Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable to another year, no matter what the reason. You agreed to these terms when you registered. Here are your options:
- Change to another distance: For example, you can switch from a half-marathon to a 10K for a $15 administration fee by completing this form. If you want to switch to a longer distance, you’ll have to pay the difference between what you initially paid and the effective fee at the time of making the request, plus the administration fee. Please note that this is only possible while enough bibs are still available for your chosen distance.
- Transfer registration to someone else: An administration fee of $15 will apply. Click here to fill out the form. Important: Check the deadline for transfers for your event.
Please note that there is now a deadline for these requests.
Can I run with a stroller?
Strollers are allowed on the following races: Half marathon Lévis, Descente Royale Québec and Beneva Quebec City Marathon. If you’d like to use the shuttle service, you’ll need to make sure your stroller fits in the compartment under the bus. Please start the race at the back of your start corral or the back of the starting pack. Parents with strollers must not run the course in tandem alongside another stroller.
What do I need to pick up my bib?
To retrieve your bib, you must submit your registration confirmation in addition to an identity card.
Can someone else pick up my bib instead?
Yes, provided that person shows us the bib number and the runner’s civil address.
Will the Beneva Quebec City Marathon count as a qualifier for the Boston Marathon?
The Quebec City Marathon course is measured according to international standards and is certified by Athletics Canada. As a result, runners participating can use it to qualify for marathons, such as the Boston Marathon. Certificate number for the Quebec City Marathon QC-2018-024a-BDC. Expiration 31/2027
The distances 21.1k and 10k are also certified.
21k: Certificate number QC-2018-023-BDC. Expiration 31/2027
10km: Certificate number QC-2018-022-BDC. Expiration 31/2027
I signed my child up for the Kids Run. Can I run alongside him or her?
A parent is allowed to accompany their child for free on the different courses of the youth races.
I think there’s an error in my time. What should I do?
Remember, the chip time is shorter than the gun time, as this only starts when you cross the timing mat at the start line. The further back you are in the starting pack, the greater the difference between these times will be. For any timing errors, please click here to contact our official timer, Sportstats, directly.
I’m registered for one of the Sunday events at the Beneva Quebec City Marathon, and I forgot to go pick up my bib. Can I still run the race?
Unfortunately, No. Please note that no bibs are given on Sunday mornings. Without bib, you will not be entitled to the services and you expose yourself to be out of the course. You must go and pick up your bib at the Je cours Qc Expo.
Can I run with headphones?
Yes, you can run with headphones so long as you can still hear sounds around you, like another runner asking you to let her pass or a police officer or volunteer giving you instructions. This is important for your safety and the safety of other runners and volunteers.
I participate in the 13 km of the challenge of the Défi des escaliers and I want to change the time of my departure, 8h or 8:20. Is that possible?
Yes, you can, but it counts as a change of race since these two start times are two separate legs in our system. To change races, you’ll need to call us at (418) 977-1122. Note that there will be a $10 administration fee.